Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian. Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog’s bladder health. Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
- Hill’s Prescription Diet u/d Urinary Care Chicken Flavour Canned Dog Food is specially formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians to support your dog’s bladder health
- Reduces risk of urate and cystine stones
- Controlled levels of high-quality, highly digestible protein with low sodium and calcium help reduce the risk of non-struvite stone formation
- Enriched with taurine and L-carnitine to help support vital heart function
- Antioxidants help support a healthy immune system
Consult with your vet to make sure Prescription Diet u/d is the right food for your dog.